Do you want to work in a global high-tech company that’s one of the key players in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sector?
Leonardo provides you with the opportunity to work on meaningful and high-calibre projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within an established, award-winning company. Within Leonardo, Support & Service Solutions (S3) is an exciting and rapidly growing line of business focused on customer product and service support, product improvement and ground breaking research and development.
One of S3’s primary values is to provide a fulfilling future to our people; their well-being is of paramount importance to us. We are committed to fostering a culture where personal and professional development, work life balance and guided autonomy are the norm. We want you to enjoy being part of S3, and feel empowered to ensure that we meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. We recognise that diversity is vital to encouraging innovation and creativity. We want our people to bring their unique qualities and perspectives to help us enrich our services and offerings.
Leonardo provides flexible working options including part-time working, flexi-time, home working and job sharing to best support our people to build a work-life balance that works for them. We also provide an award-winning pension scheme, along with a number of rewards and benefits, including a generous relocation package for employees moving for work.
This is a business leadership role which involves working as part of a Sector Management Team on Major Programmes to develop and implement supplychain strategies across multiple Lines of Business (LoBs). A successful track record or ability to deliver solutions to complex challenges with strong communication skills, stakeholder management and the ability to influencing will be required to deliver the following key objectives: –
a) Developing and implementing coherent support strategies to deliver: –
* Strong on-contract delivery performance
* Robust long term contracting
* Continuity of supply
* Sustainable Relationships – Internal and external
* Business improvements
b) Proactive Procurement support to Business Winning campaigns and bids:
* Supply Chain design and solutions
* Co-ordinated and collaborative approaches with other Leonardo Product LoBs
* Competitive tendering and developing strategies to work effectively with single source suppliers
* Drive and lead Procurement/supplychain strategies to support the programme
* Lead the Procurement aspects of business winning campaigns
* Drive improvements internally and within the supplychain
* Present Procurement status in senior meetings
* Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships
* Lead the co-ordination of Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables
* Resource Management
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* A strategic thinker and an agent of change who can take people with them
* Work at a senior level influencing business priorities and to contribute as a team player
* Strong stakeholder collaboration, co-ordination and management to build sustainable relationships
* The ability to design innovative supply chain solution and incentivised business models
* Commercial acumen
* Experience working within the supplychain
* Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and is aware of impact on others
* Enthusiastic with a can do attitude, with a capacity to overcome barriers and make an impactful change
* Requires appropriate training to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience
This role can be based at any main UK site. It will generally require regular travel between Leonardo Sites in the UK (Luton, Edinburgh, and Lincoln) and occasional overseas travel